Not ANOTHER banana bread recipe you ask? Well in my defence, this is actually the first banana bread I have made all year so I finally thought I would jump onto the bandwagon. I was recently looking into recipes for banana bread and was amazed at the versatility of it all! I guess it is personal preference if you like it more bread like or cake-y but I have perfected what suits me best!
This recipe uses Nutcessity Date and Walnut spread, which personally enhances the banana bread in my opinion, but you could sub and experiment with other nut butters of choice!
- 150ml oat milk
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tbsp milled hemp seeds +3tbsp water (sub milled flax or chia)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 75g Nutcessity date and walnut spread (sub other nut butter)
- 210g self raising flour
- 30g coconut flour
- 45g rolled oats
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 handfuls crushed walnuts, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Whisk the milk and vinegar together, set aside. Also mix the ground hemp and water and leave for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients into a bowl, add in the mashed banana, date and walnut spread, milk and hemp 'egg'. Beat with a spoon until fully mixed.
4. Pour mixture into your greased loaf tin. Cook in the oven for approximately 50 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
5. Leave to cool on a wire rack before slicing. Will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the fridge for 1 week. (can also be sliced and frozen).