What is more comforting and autumnal for dinner at this time of year than a hearty pumpkin curry?
I used red lentils for the addition of protein, and added in a bit of extra veg (which is optional) but none the less the curry sauce will have you going back for seconds (and thirds maybe...)!
If you try out this recipe tag me on instagram @plant.steph as I love seeing your creations! Recipe: serves 3-4
- 300g chopped pumpkin
- 100g red lentils, dry
- 200g chopped aubergine
- 3/4 can passata
- 1/2-1tbsp curry leaf
- coriander, turmeric and fenugreek to taste (around 1/2-1tsp each)
- 3/4-1C soy milk
- approx. 1/2-1C water (i just kept adding some when the lentils soaked up the sauce)
- 2 handful kale
1. In a pan lightly steam pumpkin and aubergine until slightly softened. Add in the spices and fry off for 1 minute.
2. Add the red lentils, passata and milk, stir and bring to the boil. Let simmer for 30-40minutes, adding in the water as needed and altering spices to taste.
3. Once cooked, add in the kale and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until wilted.
4. Serve with cooked rice and naan - enjoy!