Are you a fan of matcha and a fan of cake? Also looking for a recipe which is gluten free but will wow your friends? Then these lil oat based cupcakes are the perfect treat, with pink frosting to make them that bit extra special!
This recipe calls for Natures Charm coconut matcha sauce, which is delicious eaten right from the spoon - or on pancakes. However, it is a crucial component in baking these cakes!
Ingredients: (makes 6)
· 1 cup (240g) oat flour
· ¼ cup (40g) sugar or sweetener
· ½ tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
· 4 tbsp (60g) Natures Charm Matcha Sauce
· 3/4 cup (180ml) oat milk
· ½ cup (120g) coconut butter
· ½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with 6 small cake cases.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the coconut butter, matcha sauce, sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients.
3. Fold in the dry and wet mixture until completely combined, spoon mixture into cake cases.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean).
5. Once cool, mix together ½ cup vegan butter, ½ cup icing sugar + 1tsp natural pink food colouring until smooth. Pipe using a piping bag on top of each cake to make peaks.