Tea and cake, the perfect combination - hand in hand right?
Afternoon tea is a British classic pastime and now I have combined it to a whole other level, why not have your tea and cake together? This loaf is not too sweet and has the subtle tonnes of Earl Grey infused within. It goes perfect by itself, or I prefer it toasted with some dairy-free spread or peanut butter. It is a recipe you must try!
- 150g self raising flour
- 100g rye flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 100g cane sugar / sweetener
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2 bags earl grey tea, brewed in 250ml non-dairy milk
- 45g coconut oil, melted
- 70g agave syrup
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- squeeze of lemon
- pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees (fan) and line a loaf tin with parchment. In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
2. Slowly add in the brewed milk, stirring until combined. Followed by the coconut oil, agave, vanilla and then the lemon. Stir thoroughly.
3. Pour into tin, top with a sprinkle of oats and transfer to the oven for 50mins until a knife comes out clean.