HEADS UP: Jammie Dodgers are now vegan WHAT?! I have been waiting for this moment all too long, as I am sure you have too. With Oreos now taking a backseat its time to bring forward the Jammie-ness and bring you a celebration Jammie Cake recipe which will have you wanting more...
Created by accident, these delightful squares take jam to a whole other level!
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g soya flour (or sub extra self-raising but soy flour adds such a good texture to the cake!)
- 100g sugar (i used 1/2 demerara sugar and 1/2 sweetener)
- 100ml plant-based milk
- 50g dairy free spread (eg. vitality)
- 1 tbsp dairy-free plain yoghurt (i used Oatly)
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen raspberries, crushed
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 6 mini jammie dodgers to top
Preheat oven to 175C and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (apart from raspberries and jammie dodgers) and mix until thoroughly incorporated to form a batter.
Fold in the crushed raspberries and pour mix into the pan. Spread evenly and top with jammie dodgers (one for each square).
Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean!
Allow to cool before slicing and transferring to a wire rack.