Ah sweet sweet gnocchi. The most comforting of foods.
This recipe is a twist on the classic, with a not so traditional pan fried sauce made from Natures Charm evaporated coconut milk and brown rice miso paste. I pan fried mine with tempeh, mushrooms and peas but feel free to add whatever you like (eg. tofu, broccoli etc.).
I hope you enjoy! Ingredients: serves 2
- 1 pack sweet potato gnocchi (400g)
- 250ml Natures Charm evaporated coconut milk
- 2tsp brown rice miso paste
- 1tsp chilli flakes (if desired)
- oil, for frying
- 200g tempeh
- 200g mixed mushrooms
- 125g frozen peas
1. Slice mushrooms and tempeh, before pan frying in a dash of oil on a med/high heat.
2. Meanwhile, prepare sauce by mixing the miso paste with 2tbsp hot water. Now whisk in the coconut milk and chilli flakes (if using).
3. Once mushrooms and tempeh have browned, add the gnocchi and fry for 1-2minutes.
4. Pour in the coconut miso sauce, stirring occasionally, for a further 3 minutes until thickened and reduced.
5. Stir in the peas until warm, then serve immediately (sprinkle with extra chilli flakes if desired).