Looking for a cake to wow your friends which isn't super complicated? Then this is the cake.
Made in collaboration with Natures Charm Whipping Cream, I subbed most of the oil due to the creams natural fatty content and the texture turned out perfectly! Not to forget to mention it adds a subtle flavour to the overall cake which compliments the use of cacao in this recipe! If you take your hand at making it then post a photo and tag me on instagram: @plant.steph !
- 2C plain flour
- 2/3C cacao powder
- 1C sugar
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 3/4-1C soy milk
- 3/4tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2C Natures Charm coconut whipping cream (refrigerated overnight)
- 30ml coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 175C and line a cake tin with parchment paper.
2. Start by whisking together the milk, vinegar, cream & oil in a jug and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the remaining dry ingredients. Now pour in the wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
4. Bake in the oven for approximately 50minutes until firm and springy. Transfer to a cooling rack.
5. Once completely cool its time to top of the cake with some whipped cream! Using a whisk (or electric mixer), whip the remaining can of cream with 1tbsp cacao and 2tbsp agave syrup (alter quantities to taste).
6. Spread cream over cake and enjoy within 2days! (the cream has a short shelf life).