If you are a fan of jackfruit, but not a fan of taking the time to marinate it, then Natures Charm's ready marinated tins of Bar-be-cue jackfruit are definitely for you! Ready to eat, or as an addition to your favourite meal - they really are amazing.
Why not have your hand at my twist on a classic fried rice dish!
Ingredients: Serves 2
· ½ onion, diced
· 120g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
· 1 can Natures Charm Bar-be-que jackfruit
· 1tbsp roasted sesame oil
· 120g basmati rice
· 2tbsp soy sauce
· 2tsp garlic paste
· 1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1. Cook rice per packet instructions, meanwhile prepare the vegetables.
2. In a large frying pan, warm the oil on a med-high heat. Add the onion, garlic paste and chilli. Fry for around 2-3 minutes.
3. Once browned, add in the mushrooms for a further 2 minutes. Turn the heat down a bit and add the jackfruit.
4. Add the rice, soy sauce and spinach and fry off for a further 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and spring onion if desired.